Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Other Two Days of Camping

The next two days were much the same as the first. The air was damp with rain, the ground was the same shade of PEI red, and your two protagonists were just about ready to kill each other.

Seriously, though. The next two days of camping were alright. I was definitely ready for a shower by the end of them, but I'm excited to do some more. The first day, we drove up to the north point, and went into the windmill information centre, where luke bought me a plush lobster as a souvenir, and we learned more than we ever wanted to about windmills. Then, we completed the nature walk at the north cape and learned a little bit about trees and birds and stuff, I guess.

Then, we drove to our next camping point, and successfully cooked pasta over an open fire! props to luke for that, cuz I sure as hell didn't help. Then, after a slightly more assured and rested sleep, we continued on our way the next morning.

After a quest for coffee, we drove through cavendish and brackley beach. The place was a ghost town, absolutely nothing was open yet. I was super disappointed, but luke vowed to make me happy, so we eventually found a gouda farm, where we could watch this old lady make cheese through some viewing windows. It was super sweet, we were allowed to rummage through the barn and pet the dairy cows, and the piggies, and the barn kitties, and we also watched a video on how to make cheese. After that, en route to our new campsite, we decided to drive all the way to wood islands, because there really wasn't much else to do. On our way there, we came across the Great Canadian Soap company, where we decided to learn about soap and the way it is supposed to be made! Then, we went to check on ferry times, and camped out for one more night.

I'm running way behind in my posts, I know, but for the next few days, I'll be camping in newfoundland, so I don't know if i'll be posting. I still have to write all about Cape Breton Drum Fest, and my entire time in St. John's. I'm working on it, don't you worry, i will catch up eventually. That is, if anyone is reading this. ;)

peace, family and friends!

1 comment:

nate.vandeweerd said...

haha! Its funny that I read this today cause I'm cooking Noah a Lobster tonight for his birthday! I'm REALLY nervous, ive never cooked a live animal before... i hope it doesnt claw me to death.

anyway, im glad you are having fun! I cant wait to hear all about how to make cheese and soap! :p

Ziggy says hi!

:)

ps the new fridge is kinda awesome