Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cape Breton Drum Fest!

Alright, seriously, how lucky is it that my parents just happened to be in cape breton the same weekend as I had planned to? Hotel stay for free? hot showers? indoor pool? Yes, please!

so maybe it wasn't completely happy-go-lucky, you get a bit stir-crazy after being crammed in a windowless hotel room with 4 other people, 2 of which are smokers. I love my family, and I'm so grateful for everything they've done for me, but after 3 or 4 hours of endless taunting the first night, I was ready to leave.

I stuck it through, though, and throughout the weekend we saw some super sick drummers. The guys that worked with Billy Joel, Pink Floyd, Chicago, Santana, Aretha Franklin, Miles Davis, and countless others. It was absolutely crazy. We also won Lukie a cymbal in the door prize, which was pretty killer. Other than that, though, there isn't much to report.

We went to the drive in one night, and I felt horrible for falling asleep on our one year anniversary! oops. The movies were "How to Train your Dragon" and "Iron Man 2", but unfortunately, the only one I stayed awake for was iron man two, when the other one was the one that i had actually wanted to see. Oh well, though, life goes on.

After two days of touring Sydney and watching drummers do their thang, we finally peaced out on monday night. We had nothing to do all day, so we went to the cinema to see the Runaways, then took the ferry to Newfoundland! More on that later, though.

I can't believe how quickly I'm spewing this shit out, I feel like I deserve an award or something.

1 comment:

Shlou said...

You are pretty fast at describing things!