Thursday, July 29, 2010

Edmonton. :)

Hmm, Edmonton, how you made me smile.

We're currently cruising down the Trans-Canada 1, listening to the Born Ruffians, while I try to remember my exploits in Edmonton and the Rockies. The music is distracting, but in a good way. No matter how many times I listen to this album, I can't help but love it. It's just so catchy! HIGHLY recommended. Red, Yellow, and Blue, that is. Not Say It. Their second album was just so-so. ANYWAY, back to the trip deets. In a way, I can't wait to blog about things other than my adventures. That being said, I don't really want this to be over, but I am excited about the normalcy of life to begin once more.

So, anyway. Edmonton. I believe we left off on Sunday, where I woke up on Nikole's love seat to begin our day in a brand new city. That day was a lot of fun. We went to the Street Performer's Festival, which was just ending, and saw a dude juggle 5 basketballs on a unicycle the height of 2 people. Afterwards, we got some lemonade and a hotdog, and Nik and Chris showed us the sights of Edmonton in 3 hours. We went to City Hall to admire the architecture, and then to the Legislature to hang out in front of it, in the wading fountain. It was a lot of fun. :) Then we went to a cute little sushi bar, and home for the evening to chill out and watch some TV.

The next day, we decided to go to West Edmonton Mall to go to the water park. I had been there before, a few times, but luke had never been, and he just didn't understand the attraction of going to a big mall. Once we got there, he understood that it wasn't just a mall. That place has submarine rides, a giant lake, an amusement park, the worlds largest indoor waterpark, and so much more. The stores are nothing special, but he couldnt help but get excited about the attractions. We spent bunches of time going on the waterslides over and over again, and also went on the roller coaster once, because we just had to. Afterwards, we went to visit my grandmother, and had a very awkward couple of hours chatting about whatever came to mind. Then, we got lost going home, but finally made our way home.

The next day we chilled out until it came time to go to my aunt Linda's for dinner. We left at 5:30, were supposed to be there by 6, and didn't get there until around 7:15. We got SO lost, google maps took us in the absolute wrong direction because i put the wrong street in, and then we ended up at a starbucks with no way of contacting my aunt. We eventually got a hold of her because i called my mother who left a message at my uncles, so then my uncle's wife texted me linda's address and phone number. phew. Eventually we got there, and I reunited with my aunt and her new husband, so i guess my uncle, and my 2 cousins, plus my new baby cousin. We had dinner, where I got to try squash lasagna, bought specifically for me, and then we went in the hot tub with the cousins and had dessert. It was certainly an exciting turn of events. :) Then we went home, and DID NOT GET LOST thank god.

okay I'm bored, I'll finish edmonton later. peacee

No comments: