Friday, January 16, 2009

Syntax

So I'm in Syntax, and as pathetic as it seems, I simply can't wait until it is over. The class usually holds my attention, but I can't deal with the questions that are asked and the arguments that people end up having, which have absolutely nothing to do with the topic matter at hand. Plus, it's all stuff I learned last semester in intro to linguistics. You'd think after 6 lectures you'd start getting into new material, but nope, not yet! We'll see how things go next class.

A few things have been on my mind recently, and I feel a rant is in order, but class is about to end, so it is going to have to wait until I make another post.

I'm off to gawk at Warhol for a couple of hours, wish me luck!

P.S. Akron/Family is coming to Montreal again avec les Born Ruffians. I am stoked times a billion. :D

2 comments:

Chris Weaver said...

I'm hitting the same thing in socioling. It's all review, I don't understand why. 90% of the class has taken the intro course. Le sigh.

Jeri said...

yeah, our intro course was a prereq. like you couldn't sign up for it without taking the first one. it's absolutely ridiculous.