Friday, July 26, 2013

I Am Home Alone

My boyfriend has left for the weekend to go hike up a mountain with his friends. This leaves me alone with Cattitude for two whole nights! Now don't get me wrong, I don't NEED to have him here to be happy, but I absolutely hate being alone. I've had roommates since I moved out, and before that I grew up with a huge family to keep me company. When you are used to having someone around, it becomes uncomfortable when you are forced to spend a few days alone. I'm not going to lie, I even considered spending a couple of nights at my mother's house. But no. I am a grown-ass adult and I have to get used to spending the night by myself.

SO INSTEAD I decided to write a list of all the awesome things I can only do when I'm home alone and try to do as many of them as possible. Without further ado, here is my list!

10 Things I Can Only Do Alone:

1. Go to bed with Murakami instead. For hours on end.

2. Listen to the Scissor Sisters discography at top volume without any shame.

3. Leave all my dishes until 30 minutes before he gets home.

4. Play video games without judgement or "tips".

5. Have LONG Skype conversations with people I haven't heard from in forever. (If you think this might be about you, send me a message!)

6. Write a love song to Cattitude on my ukulele.

7. Use all 5 of the pillows on the bed and not have them stolen from me.

8. Sleep in as long as I want.

9. Watch a really scary movie on Netflix and then stay up all night waiting for something to get me.

10. Read emails by 15 year old me and laugh at my former self.

So yeah. We'll see if I do any/all of them. Is there anything I forgot to add? Do you enjoy being home alone? What are your favourite things to do? Stay tuned. I'm already excited for this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahahahaha! That's awesome! That also sounds like a whole lot of fun! ^_^

Wendy T