Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wish List 2012

Dear Santa,

How are you this year? How is Mrs. Claus? I hope you're doing her right and smothering her with the love and affection that she deserves as a woman. She doesn't make those cookies for free, you know! And how is Rudolph? How are the other reindeer? It gets quite cold in the North Pole, so I hope that you are housing them and feeding them in accordance with animal welfare laws. Are there laws in the North Pole? Is there a government? Who do you pay your taxes to?

No matter. This year I've been a very good girl. I've tried very hard to make everyone I love happy, and I hope that you've been able to see that. I'm not asking for much this year, but these are some of the things that I might like:

1. A new coffee table. Or an old one. It doesn't matter much. Right now, I am using the floor in front of my couch for my coffee cups, and it is very un-feng shui. A light wood would be best so it matches the rest of my furniture. Thanks!

2. A bookcase. Also made of light wood. I read a lot, and my current bookcase is overflowing with books and DVDs. Also, my DVDs are currently on my desk, and my cat knocks them down every five minutes. It is tiring, and that is energy I could better devote to being a better person.

3. A rug with cool patterns. My floor looks kind of bare right now and rugs are groovy.

4. Really comfy slippers and wool socks- My floor is also kind of cold and my feet very much enjoy being warm and surrounded by cozy things.

5. A toaster. I am currently borrowing my neighbours, and even though he is the nicest person in the world, I would like to be able to toast bagels without depending on anyone else's goodwill.

6. A blender. I want to be able to make delicious smoothies and sauces without having to strain my arm muscles. Also it will look super hip on my counter. It could also be used as a sort of eclectic decoration.

7. A new Kobo. I have been having anxiety attacks ever since I broke my first one. It's not that they aren't sturdy, it's just that they don't take well to being entirely submerged in orange juice, even if you place them in a bag of rice immediately afterwards. Now, I have all these books that I can't read, and I'd like to be able to.

8. A queen-sized memory foam mattress pad. I got my bed for free from my brother, who got it for free from someone random. I am very appreciative, but it is not very comfy. I think a mattress pad might fix the matter, and I am hoping to no longer feel the springs in my back every time I try to go to sleep.

9. A cat kennel. My cat needs a way to be taken to the vet. Preferably hard cased, since she is currently kicking and screaming and scratching and biting every time she gets taken out.

10. Coffee mugs. At current, I only have two, which gets to be tricky if I ever invite more than one person over for coffee or tea. Since I enjoy both coffee and tea, I would like some more mugs. Preferably pretty ones.

11. Mario Kart for Wii. I don't even need to explain this one.

12. Board Games. I love a good board game. I'm looking for Cranium, Settlers of Catan, Pictionary, anything else that you think is SUPER DUPER FUN.

13. Wine glasses. I know, Santa. I'm sorry. But sometimes I like to have a drink. Or four. And it is a lot less tacky when you are drinking wine from real wine glasses as opposed to the two mugs I mentioned earlier.

14. A cocktail shaker. If I'm going to drink, I might as well be classy about it!

15. An emergency kit for my car. I don't want to die this winter, and I love my Bug, but I'm not sure that it will never break down. Please keep me alive this christmas!

16. Money towards the "Help Jeri Go to Greece" fund. Because I want to go to Greece. And I need your help in getting there.

17. Last but not least, I want this awesome travel thermos:
https://store.lettersandlight.org/merchandise/nanowrimo-nutritional-facts-thermos

Anyway, I know that seems like I'm asking for a lot, Santa, but I'd just like to give you a lot of things to choose from. The thing is that I just moved into my new apartment, and I can't really afford to furnish it right now.

Please write back at your earliest convience.

Jeri.

P.S. If you give me a lump of coal, I will be a sad panda.

No comments: